- Employed by the Town of Lake Clarke Shores since June 2001
- Obtained Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) status from International Institute of Municipal Clerks - September 2005
- Appointed Town Clerk - January 2010
The Town Clerk provides administrative and information services to the Town Council, Town Boards and citizens to facilitate good rule and efficient government, directs and coordinates the activities of the Clerk's Office and is the point of contact for residential inquiries. The Town Clerk is also the Elections Supervisor for municipal elections and as such, conducts and supervises all municipal elections in accordance with the Election Laws of the State of Florida.
The Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Preparing agendas, attending official meetings of the Town and keeping official minutes of the proceedings.
- Recording all ordinances, administering oaths, maintaining municipal deeds, leases, agreements, and other records.
- Maintaining and posting public notices, legal notices, and advertising same as required by law.
- Maintaining files of all correspondence, leases, contracts, minutes, etc. in accordance with State record retention requirements.
- Advertising and processing all town bids.
- The town seal and has authorization to affix same to such instruments in writing as necessary.